Google Toolbar not working

CardoCardo 13:50 26 Oct 2009

I use Google toolbar a lot, mainly because of the spell checker for online forms. (I'm a bit arthritic so often mistype and need a spell checker as manually checking is too slow.)

I worked perfectly until about a week ago when it disappeared from the visible toolbars at the top
of the screen. I use IE7 and Vista (I'm trying not to go to IE8 as they've changed the way "favorites" work and I much prefer the way IE7 handle them: and I have tried all other common browsers!).

It is still in the drop down Tools/Toolbars menu and not greyed out but will not accept a "check" no matter how often click on it. The same if you go Views/Toolbars.

I have tried "rolling back the system" though nothing new has been installed other than regular MS security upddates and uopdates to McAfee (the secutrty softweare I use).
I have used the Manage Add-Ons ultility where it says enabled but have disabled and re-enabled it. I have unistalled Google Toolbar from the programs and then reinstalled it.

It stubbonly remains listed as enabled but will not let itself be checked and visible.

I do use other toolbars but it has worked happily alongside them for years, though I've tried disabling all the others but still Google Toolbar will not work.

Lastly, I have emailed Google support but that was a week ago and no reply yet.

If it helps to know the toolbars I also haver installed are eBay, RoboForm and the McAfee browser toolbar. Finally I have Skype installed withe the utlity that highlights telephone numbers and lets you go to them on Skype straight from a web page. As I've said they've all been installed alongside each other for over a year and no problems before.

Any suggestions on what else I might do.

Sea Urchin 13:57 26 Oct 2009

I would uninstall it using Programs and Features - then reinstall from the Google site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?