Google Toolbar - Gone?

pj123 12:00 14 Aug 2005

I seem to have lost my Google Toolbar. ie. it used to be across the top with some icons, one of which was a PopUp Blocker which counted how many popups have been blocked. I just noticed that it isn't there any more. I downloaded it again and ran the install file. I got the usual Congratulations etc.. but still no Toolbar. I have switched the PC off and rebooted but still nothing. How do I get it to show. My Home page is Google.co.uk

Running Win 98SE and IE6

Thanks

Hamish 12:17 14 Aug 2005

Hi, You will have no doubt right clicked on a vacant part at the top of the page next to the help and see if it is listed there and if so have put a tick against it, If you have done this I am sorry as I can be of no further help

pj123 12:25 14 Aug 2005

Hamish, Thanks. Yep, that was the first thing I did and there is a tick against google.

Hamish 12:41 14 Aug 2005

Hi again. Is your toolbar locked as if you unlock it you can pull Google into one of the other toolbars. It happened to me. Search the other toolbars for google and you may be able to pull it back. I have just unlocked my bars and pulled google in to the ebay toolbar. I hope this may help

Mavisk 12:43 14 Aug 2005

If the above doesn't work, Try removing the tick close down IE.Open IE again and tick google again,if that doesn't bring the toolbar back,run a registry cleaner such as regseeker,regcleaner etc.Still no joy go to Control panel/add and remove,uninstall the google toolbar then reinstall it.

pj123 12:59 14 Aug 2005

Problem solved, thanks Guys.

Hamish, tried that but didn't work.

What did work was the suggestion from Mavisk.

Now have the Google Toolbar back on screen.

Thanks a lot.

Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?