Google Street Maps

ponytail 07:23 12 Jul 2010

I would like to use google stret maps to look around where I was brought up but not sure how to get into it.Been told it shows a man walking these streets.Went into google street map but how do I find my location

gengiscant 07:43 12 Jul 2010

If you go to google maps and type in the postcode or road name and town in the search bar at the top, you can then click on 'more' in the left hand panel and then click on street view, you will bable to look around.

Hope that explains it ok, a little early for me.

Technotiger 07:45 12 Jul 2010

Just enter your own Post-code in the search bar at the top left, then press Return. You can zoom in and out using your mouse wheel. In the Layers section in the panel on the left, make sure that Street View is ticked.

ashdav 08:09 12 Jul 2010

Go to Google maps click here
Double click on the approximate area you want to look at or enter the postcode in the search box.
You can also zoom in using the mouse wheel.
Centre the map by left clicking and drag the map around.
When you are in the area you want drag the little yellow "man" from the top left of the screen (it's above the zoom slider) and put it where you want to look.Routes on Streetview are then highlighted in blue.
Use the up/down arrows to go forward and backward along the route and left/right arrows to turn around.

john bunyan 08:54 12 Jul 2010

With the latest Google Earth, with the right boxes ticked, you can switch to street view, even seeing where the camera shots were taken.This way you can see an aerial view first then zoom in to street view.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?