Google Search redirection

HollBoy 16:40 17 Jan 2008

Always used google as my search engine without any problems. However, I have started in last week to encounter problem where google finds the webspage link I am looking & lists them as normal. BUT when I click the link, it redirects me to a bogus web page that I hadn't wanted.

For example another search engine page with some reference to what I was searching on –

eg. Credit scores websites and especially Shopping search engines eg fresh-weather.com

It takes me about 2 or 3 clicks on the web page address to actually get me to the site I wanted to get to.

Obviously, there is some rogue software that has magically installed itself to make IntExplorer(7) do this but I cant find it.

Any ideas & what SAFE stuf to run to stop this AND to prevent in future.

Many thanks

Hol

mfletch 16:46 17 Jan 2008

Hi,

Try this CWShredder

click here

CoolWebShredder (CWShredder) - A small utility for removing the browser hijack CoolWebSearch and it's variants

Also use SAS Superantispyware the free version

click here

mfletch

HollBoy 18:12 17 Jan 2008

Thanks for response "mfletch"

Got to CWShredder Free Download but when clicked it appeared to be "thinking" about doing something but didn't download. Any ideas please?
Thanks

mfletch 18:45 17 Jan 2008

Hi,

Try this site,

If it still will not download try renaming it anything will do {Comic book}

click here

Did SAS download OK

mfletch

HollBoy 13:33 20 Jan 2008

Thanks for trying. Ran CWShredder & SAS which came up with no problems found - but still getting redirects to various sites with increasingly adult content. Eg's are ...

click here?

click here

click here?

click here?

etc etc

Also avsystemcare.com keeps suggesting problems but think this is just trying to scare me into buting their software. Just annoying ..?!

Cheers & any ideas appreciated

Hol

birdface 13:37 20 Jan 2008

av systemcare is the problem it has to be removed.Googled.click here=

birdface 14:01 20 Jan 2008

Now this from Xoftspy.click here Now normally you have to pay for Xoftspy.But they just show a removal tool for it.So maybe it is free.

birdface 14:51 20 Jan 2008

If you still have problems.You may be better going to the Malware Forum Download the HJT from there,You will need to sign in and once that you have done that Just post your HJT log on the Forum.click here They will help you clean up your computer but it may take a few days as they are kept busy.

audeal 15:02 20 Jan 2008

Have you tried uninstalling OE7 and reinstalling it.?

mfletch 16:51 20 Jan 2008

Hi

It sounds like a smitfraud infection,

Download SmitfraudFix and follow the instructions,

click here

mfletch

HollBoy 19:13 23 Jan 2008

Excuse my ignorance but what is a HJT log and how to find and send it? Thanks for all replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?