Google search problems

gerryp96 22:27 14 May 2006

I am having a problem with Google, every time I search on Google I get other search pages from somewhere and on Friday ran the Ewido Malware removal, while it was running I kept getting a AVG ' virus detected' message appearing, the only way of clearing it was to click ignore, this occurred 12 times, the scan continued showing no faults. I eventually found all these messages had been put into the recycle bin as MSDos shortcuts by the programme.
I have Windows update to run automatically but I decided to run the update and it showed that there was an update for Flash player which I tried to download but got the message that it had failed, I then found out that Windows had tried to download this update 6 days running. When I press shutdown the usual thing appears Shutdown, Restart etc but it now says that updates will be downloaded on shutting down, it never manages it though. I looked at the FAQ's and it appears that lots of people are having the same problem, I get the fault no. ox643 and this relates to kb 913433.
Solution or advice please

TheGamer 00:05 15 May 2006

I think i had somethging similar happen before. Try deleting any unneedeed internet cookies and reinstalling your internet browser. Some certain firefox extentions mess up google searches.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?