Google problem

U10 22:37 12 Oct 2003

Recently I've noticed that when I try to access google.com the page is unavailable. My ISP is BT and I can use Google to search from the BT home page, although sometimes even from this I get no search results and instead some messages about java. Tonight I thought I would try Yahoo instead. This time I could access the home page but I got page unavailable when I searched for something. Is there something wrong with my IE6 and if so do I reinstall over the top of what I've got installed?

BarryKeith 22:51 12 Oct 2003

You may have your security settings a bit too high, try lowering them a little and see if that cures the problem.

MAJ 23:05 12 Oct 2003

Do a search for the HOSTS file on your PC, it will probably be at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc, open it in Notepad and if you see a line like 127.0.0.1 click here, delete it and save the new HOSTS file.

powerless 23:10 12 Oct 2003
  MAJ 23:14 12 Oct 2003

Thanks Powerless, I got dragged away by the missus for a few minutes, my line should have read 127.0.0.1 www. google.com. and the rest of my post would have said...... if so go to that link Powerless posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017