Google Nexus 7 tablet as an e-reader

thomasina1987 19:23 10 Mar 2014

Help!!!

I just bought a Google Nexus 7 tablet with jellybean 4.2. I want to use the tablet as a e-reader, but the files I download from a third party website for free (I don't use google play etc.) the files come through as a PDF file. I have tried to access the book using Dropbox, Astro file maker, and Aldiko. None of the apps let me read the file. I can read the first few pages and then they are all blank or half pages. Has anyone had any succes with this issue? I don't want to have to take the tablet back. Thanks!

tullie 20:01 10 Mar 2014

I use the Kindle app on mine,available free from Google Play.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 10 Mar 2014

what type of book do you want to read?

click here type of book has it own format and requires a different type of reader.

I use the kindle app on my G7 (old version) because I have nearly 5000 books for my kindle.

each

wildhouse 22:42 10 Mar 2014

I use the Kindle app on mine (and on my android phone) but have used one called E-pub on my previous tablet. You could try the Adobe reader app (click here

Batch 09:08 11 Mar 2014

The symptoms described suggest that maybe the PDFs aren't being properly downloaded. Have you tried downloading the same PDF files to a PC and seeing if they load and can be read OK using whatever PDF reader (e.g. Acrobat) that you have on your PC?

morddwyd 19:32 11 Mar 2014

Like others I use the Kindle app on my Nexus 10, and Calibre takes care of all my conversion problems.

Others may have more experience, but I have not yet found a format that it will not convert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?