Google Maps only loads in basic HTML.

six-h 22:16 21 Apr 2009

Used to work fine on both my PC running Vista Ultimate, and my lappy running XP Home SP3.
Using IE7 on both of them.

Is anybody else finding that suddenly "Maps" is not working normally?

Is this Google's way of trying to get us all to d/l Chrome, by introducing the "nuiscence factor"?

grey george 22:29 21 Apr 2009

It is not working for me. Note the big add for chrome! Also since they changed their search interface when I open a new tab I get google stuff not the ie8 options that used to be there.
You can always use MS live search click here

six-h 22:36 21 Apr 2009

Thanks grey george,
Funny that you mention the big ad for Chrome, I have a sneaky feeling that my problems with "Maps" started around the time this appeared!

There's also a load of "clap-trap" which goes under the mis-nomer of "Help" suggeting that we add Google maps etc to "trusted sites".

Attempting to follow the instructions results in a "slap" from Microsoft for trying to add "non secure" sites!!

So much for Google's technical help!

grey george 22:48 21 Apr 2009

I dropped my security level to medium and now it loads up fine. In fact it seems really fast, probably because no one else can get on the site.

grey george 23:17 21 Apr 2009

Seems that the tab can be reset under google toolbar and tools. Rather naughty to change my settings with out asking me. I do not think this fits with the original google ethos.

six-h 23:23 21 Apr 2009

Hmm. My security level is at the vista default level "Medium-High", tried lowering it to the lowest level, (Medium) and still no go.
I declined google's kind offer to dump their toolbar on me :-)

six-h 20:44 22 Apr 2009

grey george' justtried it again tonight, and it's back to normal operation!
Can only think it'sperhaps something to do with traffic on my line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?