Google listing

Peter Lanky 15:08 22 Oct 2008

I wish to find out how I can get my Google listing to display in such a way that the individual pages are displayed in a mini table after the main description with "more results from mydomain.com" at the end.

The example her for John Lewis in the case - the second entry in the list.

click here|countryGB

Is it done by code, by paying Google, or by some other means?

Kemistri 17:00 22 Oct 2008

That is achieved by very good SEO and a very high PR.

Peter Lanky 17:17 22 Oct 2008

PR?

Peter Lanky 20:14 22 Oct 2008

But how do I achieve this?

Kemistri 21:51 22 Oct 2008

"But how do I achieve this?"

By (a) owning or managing an extremely popular site, (b) doing ALL the right things in SEO, and (c) meeting the following criteria that Google imposes:

- Number one ranking in the SERPs (search engine results pages...) for a particular common keyphrase
- Higher PR than all your competitors for that keyphrase
_ A lot more inbound links than your competitors for that keyphrase
- Well structured sitemap
- And the majority of searches for that keyphrase must convert to click-throughs to your site, not your competitors'.

Do all that and you might possibly be blessed with Google SiteLinks. Reaching page one of the SERPs isn't hard for a lot of sites; reaching the top three is pretty doable (many of my sites are up there) but SiteLinks are reserved for major players who are head and shoulders above the competition for certain keyphrases. As you can imagine, "John Lewis" would be the obvious keyphrase and users of it are fairly unlikely to want some other company or person by that name. Look at how it dominates the SERPs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?