google going silly

trowel 15:38 19 Jul 2007

hi can anyone help? when i do a search on google, if i click a result to take me to the webpage of my choice it jumps to some other web page like I've been hijacked, but it says jump at the tab thing on IE 7 - so i presume there is a dodgy programme on board? i have panda internet security and it says all is ok after scanning, also hijack this and no adwareall cannot find problem getting real wound up by it now!! i have tryed everything to no avail to get rid of this problem! Can anyone help regards Anthony

skidzy 15:45 19 Jul 2007

Run this and see if it finds anything that should not be click here

And some advice for free programs to use click here

trowel 16:10 19 Jul 2007

Hi Skidzy ran that and a few others, still doin the same thing grrrrrrrrrr!!! tis a very sticky problem, any other ideas? many thanks

skidzy 18:47 19 Jul 2007

" also hijack this and no adwareall cannot find problem "

Unless you have an understanding of Hijackthis it is unlikely you would notice anything untoward.This is best left to the experts.

Run Hijackthis again and post the scan log click here do NOT make any changes to the scan results,you could do more harm than good.Hijackthis is a very powerful tool and dangerous in the wrong hands.

Let the experts at MRF advise you accordingly.

before you scan with HJT try running CWS click here

skidzy 18:52 19 Jul 2007

Just another quick point,Noadware you have installed has been delisted as a rogue program and from research...i would remove this immediately.

Stick to the tried and tested programs as in my link above.

skidzy 19:05 19 Jul 2007

Just another quick point,Noadware you have installed has been delisted as a rogue program and from research...i would remove this immediately.

Stick to the tried and tested programs as in my link above.

trowel 20:15 19 Jul 2007

Hi skidzy seems now everything is back to normal thanks to you! you alone have solved my problem many thanks. with the noadware prog i payed 20 £ for this! do you think it's Sh** and is a rogue prog? can give you a link to look at it if you like regards Anthony.

skidzy 20:30 19 Jul 2007

This was once known to be a suspected rogue program issueing plenty of false positives,therefore prompting you to part with the cash.
However this has now been de-listed,though a simple google has various threads in regard to this app.

I have removed this from a few computers,and in my view is still not to be trusted.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache