Google Earth Problem

spuds 11:51 01 Feb 2006

I downloaded the free version of Google Earth a month ago, and it appeared to work okay. Yesterday, I made various attempts to use the programme, but kept getting error messages, including shut-downs. In the main, it seems to suggest (now) that the graphics card on my computer is not up to the job.

Anyone else having similar problems. What would you advice, bearing in mind that the graphics card as never been a problem previously and still seems to work for all other general programmes.

stlucia 12:39 01 Feb 2006

What error messages, exactly? I have a rather basic graphics card, and Google Earth works fine for me. The only problem I've had so far is when my BB connection was working slow, and it took forever to download all the data to update the image.

If everything else on your PC is working okay, simplest thing may to uninstall and then reinstall Google Earth.

wee eddie 13:09 01 Feb 2006

and it seems to work OK.

I have been unable to find any type of instructions on how to use

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:22 01 Feb 2006
  spuds 10:32 02 Feb 2006

Uninstalled and reinstalled, and still no Google Earth.

Error messages, two of five: Google Earth has encounted a Begin Frame Rendering error:Upon investigation,we found that your particular graphics card does not support Google Earth in 'OPEN GL' mode. You are likely to encounter severe problems with Google Earth if you proceed. We apologize for the inconvenience but we would like to switch you to 'Direct X' mode.

Gone through various procedures,including reloading latest version of Direct X. Still cannot use Google Earth. As previously mentioned, I was able to use this programme a month ago, but the programme as now stated I cannot.

Thanks everyone for the replies so far, any other ideas!.

shizzy 22:13 02 Feb 2006

Found this on their site.
** Intel 3D graphics machines can use the default OpenGL version, but work better in DirectX (choose Start > Programs > Google Earth > Start Google Earth in DirectX).

User-312386 22:20 02 Feb 2006

click here

1. Click the "Start" button.
2. Choose "Programs."
3. Hover over your version of Google Earth.
4. Select "Set Google Earth to DirectX mode" and restart Google Earth

spuds 12:56 03 Feb 2006

Thanks guys, tried the suggestions, but still getting the error messages and close-downs. Un-installed and re-installed the whole lot again, with no different results.

Doe's anyone know what is 'Begin Frame Rendering' which I keep getting as an error message.Also 'Open GL', which again, keeps coming up as an error message.There is a provision for using 'Open GL', but clocking on that, makes no difference.

spuds 12:01 04 Feb 2006

>>Bump<<

Skyver 12:09 04 Feb 2006

click here
What graphics card do you have?

Skyver 12:10 04 Feb 2006

Sorry, duplicated link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?