Google Earth Installation Error 1603

griffon56 13:09 07 Jun 2015

How do I get rid of this error. The background is that after an absence from home for about 14 days I noticed that the icon for Google Earth was missing from the desktop. I downloaded the program and tried to instal it, whereupon the error message came up.

AwkwardTurtle 14:01 07 Jun 2015

click here 2 on search for this error hope this is of use.

href

ArunKumar 22:36 12 Jun 2015

It seems that Google Earth was not uninstalled properly or still Google Earth file are existing in C:Programfiles/Google/.. Solution : 1. Check if Google Earth folder is there in above location if yes right click on Googleearth exe icon and send to desktop as a shortcut

sunnystaines 07:32 13 Jun 2015

i posted this recently with a link to a support download/instal which worked.

found nothing in google, search back a few weeks to my old post it worked.

Betinha 10:45 23 Jul 2015

it's possible your Google Earth received an automatic update which removed the shortcut from the desktop, and possibly also from the Start menu. If you attempt to reinstall it you will get the 1603 error because it is already installed.

Look in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client or C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth\client (depending on whether you are installing the Pro version or standard version).

and see if you see googleearth.exe. If you find it, you can right click it and create a shortcut.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?