Google Earth

Chas49 19:55 13 Feb 2009

I downloaded this program a couple of days ago and it's simply amazing!

I have noticed that several users have entered photos relevant to the various areas. These appear as a small blue square until clicked - they then bring up a box containing the photo and description - clicking on the photo often brings up the original photo.

I would like to do the same but haven't a clue on how they did it - I'd appreciate the advice of anyone who has achieved this.

Technotiger 20:01 13 Feb 2009

Open Google, then click on Help and then on Tutorials - you will see it listed.

Chas49 20:42 13 Feb 2009

Yes, thanks. However, I had already tried that. What confuses me is that the photos place by others appear, in the first place, as small blue squares which have to be clicked. Mine appear as thumbnails - otherwise they behave in a similar fashion. When clicking on Multi Photos then they become seperate thumbnails on screen, clicking on one produces a larger picture in a seperate box. that box contains other details - like the authors Google name etc. Mine doesn't - this is what I wish to know about - hope you can help.

bluto1 21:36 13 Feb 2009

Bookmarked

Technotiger 22:04 13 Feb 2009

Also in the Help>User Guide, check-out Image Overlay instructions.

Bear in mind I have never done this myself. Just a case I believe of reading & experimenting.

Chas49 22:43 13 Feb 2009

Technotiger

Will do.

Chas49 23:15 13 Feb 2009

I found this in the help pages...............
===============================================
When will your photos appear in Google Earth as blue dots?

Please check the status below the photo:

a) If your photo has been selected for Google Earth there are three different situations:

* Your photo is already in Google Earth represented as a blue dot. Please, zoom-in until a low level in Google Earth to find it.
* Your photo have been reviewed before February 15th 2009. Then it will be in Google Earth in the next update around February 24th 2009.
* Your photo has been reviewed after February 15th 2009. Then it will be in Google Earth around 1 month after the next update February 24th 2009.

b) Has not yet been reviewed. Your photo is in the waiting list for Google Earth. In the next days/weeks this photo will be reviewed and selected or rejected. The waiting list is right now at ID: 18440000. If your photo ID is lower than 18440000, please report it through this form and we will review it. The form only works once you are logged into the system, please, sign-in if not logged.

c) Not selected for Google Earth. Please, check the acceptance policy for Google Earth.

For alternative ways to see your photos read 'How can you see your photos in Google Earth?'.
=================================================
It would appear that Google select (at their discretion) the photos which you have uploaded.

Technotiger 07:34 14 Feb 2009

Grreat, at least now we know!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?