Google earth

skinny123 15:33 19 Aug 2006

I have downloaded a couple of different google earths nd not been able to use the function where you can zoom into your back garden? so my friends told me. Uninstalled both programmes.

Can anybody show me the correct google earth and how to use this function.

I travel around the country for work and this could be very helpful.

Or is some one having me at it?

thanks Skinny

VoG II 15:49 19 Aug 2006

click here

The resolution is not good for all parts of the country. If you zoom in on London you should get a lot of detail.

patsyanne 15:51 19 Aug 2006

skinny123 i cant see much on Google earth either but have you tried "windows live local " i find that much better on my computer .

ICF 15:52 19 Aug 2006

Beta (Version 4) click here

Cymro. 16:03 19 Aug 2006

There seem to be a number of these Google Earth programs. I assume that the best one it the professional one but I dare say that it would cost the earth to get it.I think I will see what the BETA one is like. Thanks for that ICF.

Cymro. 16:08 19 Aug 2006

No such luck as it seems that my system is not up to the BETA version.

skinny123 16:54 19 Aug 2006

ICF should i click on the get free version, i'm sure i've been here before.

That's a interesting name you have there ICF

thanks

rodriguez 17:38 19 Aug 2006

Not all of the UK is covered in high detail. If you zoom in and you just see a blur, then this is a low detail area. Most towns and cities are covered in high detail, but rural areas aren't. I can see my house on it because the whole Birmingham area is in high detail, but people I know who live by the country can't as it's just a greeny brown blur. I think Google are slowly improving the coverage though, so some time nearly all of the UK should be covered in high detail.

ICF 08:04 20 Aug 2006

Yes click on the free version unless you want to pay!! :-)
Why is my name interesting?
It's only my initials

skinny123 11:18 20 Aug 2006

That is the initials of a certain notorious football hooligan team the "Inter City Firm" or the I.....no this is not the place

sunny staines 19:18 20 Aug 2006

google maps an icon on the google toolbar is good at zooming in. use the map view to find the location then switch to sat view and zoom in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?