Google Earth 2

ened 17:54 30 Jan 2006

I have just read another thread about this.

I installed Nasa World wind because I could get little clarity with the Google version.

I found Nasa worse.

Now I am reading about people being able to see cars in their drive/ new swimming pools etc.

Is it me?

I have a NVidia FX5600 (256ram)
I also have 1gig of main memory.

I live in Cornwall and cannot get close to anything.

Is it the card or am I just living in the wrong place?

VoG II 17:57 30 Jan 2006

It is where you live. Have a look at London or Paris.

ened 18:24 30 Jan 2006

Is it improving?

Are more places being added or is this all we will get?

In the other thread somebody called it addictive.

Well I have been to many places on these shores and would love to be able to see some of them but all the places I want to look at are of an extremely poor quality.

sunny staines 18:59 30 Jan 2006

I have same problems viewing surrey. I have always put it down to poor graphics card & CPU[stb velocity & PENT3 500]

VoG II 19:04 30 Jan 2006
  anskyber 19:06 30 Jan 2006

Has it. If you look carefully at the scenery at say country level you will see that the higher def areas are slightly grey compared with the rest. Take Cornwall and you will see that Saltash and the nearby England in the form of Plymouth are a different tone.

muddypaws 19:11 30 Jan 2006

Have you tried this one for tracking flights. Works in conjunction with google earth.
click here

Stuartli 19:19 30 Jan 2006

It is an American based product...:-)

Try entering a road route from, say, Los Angeles to New York and then following the route visually on screen.

You will be absolutely staggered at the amazing detail that's shown throughout.

VCR97 19:52 30 Jan 2006

I've noticed several areas which have improved since I first used it. I'm afraid that it's a case of pot-luck and patience.

ened 06:25 31 Jan 2006

That explains why they get priority and a message to any body who, like me, thought World Wind would be an improvement is that from a British Isles perspective it is less clear than Google.
I guess it is just a case of being patient!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?