Google Desktop

laurie53 07:40 23 May 2007

Why have I suddenly started getting Zone Alarm warnings that Google Desktop is trying to access the internet (over the last month or so)?

I've had GD for a long time, and have not changed any preferences or settings, so why is this suddenly happening, on two computers?

Have Google slipped something in while I wasn't looking?

MAJ 07:54 23 May 2007

If an application changes, usually because of an update, ZoneAlarm detects that change and, basically, asks you 'Is this a new application?' That's why it's asking you if you want to allow access.

M4tthewb4ker 08:20 23 May 2007

just uninstall it plzzz

myfoot 09:13 23 May 2007

Yeah have Kerio firewall running and just 3 or 4 days had the same alerts. Google desktop wants to access the internet or whatever. So thee probably was a change in the program. Whereas I'm not sure about trusing Google, I do trust them to make good software.

mammak 11:35 23 May 2007

I have actually been wondering the same thing myself even after allowing it access a day or so later it is back asking for permissions again!

laurie53 23:26 23 May 2007

A normal update wouldn't have done it.

I have never allowed this programme routine access. I've got nothing against it - it's just that I like to decide which programmes can access and when, other than the obvious ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?