Google Chrome users...

Graphicool1 10:10 08 Oct 2010
  Graham. 10:34 08 Oct 2010

The 'Remove unique ID now' link doesn't work for me.

iscanut 10:36 08 Oct 2010

Interesting BUT how do us non pc savvy users know that this program does not in fact install something nasty and in fact does the opposite of what it says it does. How would I know that Chrome has this identifier within it ?

Graham. 10:36 08 Oct 2010

Aah, you have to click Download.

kristain 10:47 08 Oct 2010

Chrome is really faster.

dms_05 11:23 08 Oct 2010

Only for Microsoft versions. Doesn't cover Linux.

lucky1 12:52 08 Oct 2010

Thanks for this Graphicool1

Graphicool1 13:31 08 Oct 2010

How do we ever know anything?

Why are you asking me, I'm not the font of all knowledge and have never professed to be.

'They' tell us everything. Some thing's we accept without question. Some things we query, which and why?

iscanut 19:25 08 Oct 2010

Not asking you personally, just posing the question !

morddwyd 09:27 09 Oct 2010

I flatly refuse to have anything to do with a site that uses such a word as "anonymize".

It is obviously very dodgy!

Graphicool1 15:02 09 Oct 2010

It could be dodgy, but it could also be that English isn't their first language and as with many such sites the people translating aren't English either. As with the American's, they have many such word's, in fact this could be one of them? Either way I note that you're not adverse to buying and or downloading/installing American product's for the same reason's.

This company is in fact German and their translator could well be American for all I/or you know!?

ISCANUT:
Point taken, but my response ~ in the main ~ still stands.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?