Google Chrome has stopped working

Govan1x 08:54 27 Jul 2017
Answered

Get this every time I try to open Chrome.

Your connection was interrupted

A network change was detected. ERRNETWORKCHANGED

Anyone any ideas as how to fix it. I tried pressing the reset button but made no difference.

Relatively new to Chrome so do not know a lot about it.

Probably something simple. I have apps turned off on W10 so not using an app.

Probably deleting it and maybe reinstalling it might be the best idea either that install Internet Explorer again.

alanrwood 09:21 27 Jul 2017

Your own answer is probably the quickest way to solve the problem.

Secret-Squirrel 09:41 27 Jul 2017
Answer

Govan, is your computer using an Ethernet connection and does it also have WiFi turned on? If it does then close Chrome, head over to Settings -> WiFi, turn off WiFi (at the top of the right-hand pane), then try Chrome again. That tip worked for me when I had to tackle this problem last year. It seems that sometimes Chrome doesn't like more than one active network connection.

Govan1x 10:13 27 Jul 2017

Secret-Squirrel. Thanks for your comments but just deleted it and then reinstalled it but will keep your information in case it happens again.

Just checked Connected by Ethernet and Wifi is turned off.

Ok tried your method and although it was turned off on my network connections it was turned on in Settings. So that may well have been the problem. I have now turned it off from there as well. Thank you.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?