Google Chrome browser not opening

laptopdunce 07:29 01 May 2015
Answered

Hi, Ihave just put on my acer laptop and the chrome browser will not open, not on a new tab or an old tab, have run an antimalwarebytes scan and nothing detected, I am using I.E. now just to get online, very odd this, I prefer google chrome really, what could be wrong here? should I reinstall google chrome? was working fine last night till midnight, now at 0830 hours it will simply not open a google chrome window. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE (this is the laptop in The Netherlands, not in the UK)

alanrwood 08:02 01 May 2015

Hi

Firstly reboot the computer and see if that sorts out the problem. If that does not work do a reinstall as that may be the quickest way to sort it out.

BT 08:09 01 May 2015
Answer

There was a Google Chrome update this morning. Might be worth downloading it manually.

Batch 08:28 01 May 2015

I got the latest update to Chrome (42.0.2311.135) around 18:00 on 29th April. Maybe it was this auto-updating in the background that caused probs with yours.

Uninstall and re-install is probably the best bet (backup your bookmarks first if you want to keep them - most likely in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default )

laptopdunce 09:49 01 May 2015

Its back on again now, I looked in updates and there was one "important" update and 28 minor ones, I downloaded the important one, something to do with microsoft net.framework something of about 78mb so installed that and restarted and now google chrome is running again - HURRAH!! - thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?