google chrome

Daiol 08:22 22 Mar 2011

Hi all.Making some enquiries about google chrome I have windows 7 premium and also I use Roboform password manager version 6.10.2.
Fistly;will roboform work with chrome
Secondly;I notice that chrome can save passwords etc,Would that be secure sa the roboform ?
Thirdly;Is it a wise move to install chrome?
Thanks.D.

iscanut 09:52 22 Mar 2011

1. Try it and see
2. Why not ? Use both !
3. Nothing wrong with Chrome. It's a personal thing, so again, try it and see what you think.

There is no need to uninstall any existing browser.

theDarkness 14:19 28 Aug 2011

I have just tried chrome and although its a good browser, with even some built-in malware protection (although im not sure how it compares to other anti-malware add-ons in other browsers), chrome still feels unfinished, and there are reports of certain websites not always being compatible, which can change with each version. There seems to be no verification Y/N upon deletion of any bookmarks, so if that delete button is accidentally hit, theres no way back. Im not sure if there are any addons to fix this problem, but either Y/N verification or a simple 'undo' button within the browser would be great and feel alot safer.

I also like to have my main bookmark list on the left hand side of the screen too, instead of on the default right (listed as 'other bookmarks'), and theres no way to change the position unless you import bookmarks from elsewhere or create a new folder. If that delete option is hit accidentally on my newly created preferred 'bookmarks' folder on the left (next to 'save page as pdf') then everything is gone if you have made no previous backup.

Daiol 15:51 28 Aug 2011

Where on earth has this post developed from it was posted ''Posted March 22, 2011 at 8:22AM'' Now I get an email notification,can anyone please explain? thanks. 28/Aug/2011.1552hrs.

bremner 15:57 28 Aug 2011

Because thedarkness chose for whatever reason to post to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?