Google Chrome 3 your thoughts?

legalrep 12:53 17 Sep 2009

I have long been an Internet explorer user but recently installed Firefox, I made this my preferred browser and have been using it for a couple of months. Yesterday I installed Google Chrome 3 and got to say I am very impressed, opens quicker than both IE and Firefox and is so easy to use, this really is a very good peace of software, I'd be interested to hear some more feedback as I rate this browser as the best available.

sunnystaines 12:58 17 Sep 2009

get my bb back on tuesday will give it a try.

rawprawn 13:07 17 Sep 2009

I was not impressed and on top of that after I uninstalled it I found that the html links in Outlook wouldn't work. I had to go into the registry and unhook Chrome from it to stop it replacing IE.

sunnystaines 16:53 17 Sep 2009

thanks for the warning might give second thoughts to chrome was getting tempted over claims its no longer buggy and much faster.

Use IE8 with ie7pro and firefox as a secondry browser.

legalrep 17:14 17 Sep 2009

rawprawn: Interested by your comments I've not had a problem but it will be interesting to see if anyone else reports the same bug.
I've been putting chrome through its paces all day without a problem still much faster than both IE and Firefox.
I'm going to leave thread open hopefully will get more feedback and also if I do get any problems I will report them.

rawprawn 17:27 17 Sep 2009

The problem only arises if you uninstall Chrome, It leaves all it's html profile in the registry
Resolution click here

rawprawn 17:36 17 Sep 2009

I use the same setup, and I shall leave it alone.
Like you I shall be loading Windows 7 next month and I will stay exactly as I am until I am totally used to it.
I really did not like Chrome, but I can't explain why, I just felt that Firefox was equal, and of all I still prefer IE8 with IE7 Pro.

sconedd 20:38 17 Sep 2009

legalrep, I had the same problem as rawprawn. In the end I went back to IE7. What was left on by Chrome caused me problems to try to uninstall. I don't think I will use it again, even if it's tweaked. It felt awkward to use after 3 days. Hope this helps.

chub_tor 20:47 17 Sep 2009

I'm in the definitely pro Chrome camp as like so many have said it is faster to open, uncluttered and simple to use. I confess that I haven't tried to uninstall it as I use it as my main browser.

InTheCity 21:01 17 Sep 2009

as i block ads using firefox and ie8,I find it slower than a week in jail.

morddwyd 21:02 17 Sep 2009

I've been using Chrome, in all its various updates, since the day it came out in beta, and find it better than Firefox.

IE I've never used so can't compare.

The one small niggle I have with Chrome is that you can't change the font colours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone