Google

1st spring 05:35 29 Jun 2009

I cannot get Google tool bar on my PC. I go into View and click on Google Tool bar so that is has a tick but when I go back into View there is no tick and of course there isn't a google tool bar. When I did have a Google tool bar it wasn't very long, about half an inch. I use I/E and I have XP. could you help me please

UK Sub 07:38 29 Jun 2009

Try downloading and installing the latest version.

click here

It seems to be a problem for some people who have just upgraded IE7 to IE8 (to see your version of IE Click Help>About Internet Explorer).

BT 08:11 29 Jun 2009

If you do manage to get it installed you can alter the size by grabbing the little vertical bar (<I>) to the right of the Search icon and dragging it. You can adjust the layout of your toolbars by right click and unticking 'lock toolbars' then move them around with the dotted lines that appear. Then tick 'lock toolbars' again. They don't always stay exactly where you put them but experiment and you will get them where you want them eventually.

1st spring 06:25 01 Jul 2009

Thank you I installed the latest Google. I clicked on some things I wanted to install, although I wasn't sure what I was doing I clicked on Google Earth even though I already have it, but not the one about how long I have left I think I will keep that as a surprise for much much later I hope. Thank you to you both.

ztronicsalien 14:12 02 Jul 2009

I would suggest you to first install latest version of IE and after installing this just download google toolbar. This is a simple process. I don't get it how it is creating problem.

Regards
servicedotztronics

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017