Good websites with music in it.

retro_hood 16:30 21 Oct 2007

Im doing my first year Uni project on designing a website using HTML.

We're creating a website about how music can improve or enhance your website, but i am struggling to find out idea on how music can improve your website.

Im also failing to find any websites where their is music on the page except for band websites but that is too obvious an example to use.

Any help on finding websites that make good use of music will be appreciated or any idea why music is good on a website is appreciated.

Cheers

mco 18:31 21 Oct 2007

I'd have thought music would distract from your website really, unless you are a band website, as you say;nothing worse than clicking on a page and being startled by the owner's personal choice of noise. I shall be interested to see people's comments

Fermat's Theorem 20:37 21 Oct 2007

click here , in particular the Irish Proverbs and Songs module.

Good luck with your project :-)

Forum Editor 20:58 21 Oct 2007

for your project. Many people are deterred by music that loads on a homepage, and immediately search for a button to turn it off. if you design a site with music on it please make sure that you provide a 'music off' button - your site will lose traffic if you don't.

Sites that deal with musical content are different - people can choose to listen to samples from performers' tracks, or browse a site that deals with a musical subject - the history of the blues, for instance. A site like that will do well if the samples are carefully selected and easily accessed, but think about two things very carefully:

1.Copyright - you can't just slap music on a website without checking with the copyright holder first - you may need a copyright licence to play the music, and you'll certainly need one if you plan to offer any downloads.

2. Bandwidth - thousands of people visiting a site that has music playing by default may soon rack up a considerable bandwidth consumption, and this could result in some hefty charges from your web host.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017