Good Value Laptops

Guady 16:37 13 Aug 2010

Does anyone have any recommendations for a "good value" laptop - for less than £500? (Or preferably less than £400!!) I don't want to use it for Gaming - just for Internet, E-mail, Skype, Using MS Office etc and storing / viewing photos. Possibly I would also watch films or videos. As I've got a lot of photos and podcasts to store, it would be good to have plenty of storage capacity. The more USB ports the better and able to record to DVD. I think most laptops can be used to access the internet wirelessly and I definitely want to do that. So - that's what I'm looking for: am I being unrealistic on the price? Any suggestions of which make / model would be worth a look would be much appreciated. There's such a large choice - I don't know where to start! Many thanks

northumbria61 22:12 13 Aug 2010

This ACER Aspire 5732Z has an excellent specification at a very good price. click here

4gb Ram - 500GB hard drive etc. Win 7 (64bit)

My son got this for University a few months back at Tesco for £399. I think you will find that Ebuyer is the cheapest for this Spec.

Beware of the cheaper prices in this list as the spec. is different - although same laptop some have only 3GB ram and some have 250gb or 320gb hard drive. - click here

northumbria61 22:36 13 Aug 2010

click here - This one has 3gb Ram but has 4 x USB ports (Acer has 2) and has a built in Webcam (which the Acer lacks) and slightly faster processor at 2.2Ghz (Acer 2.1Ghz) although you would hardly notice the difference in performance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?