A good uninstall program?

Les T 13:56 22 Apr 2007

Afternoon folks, can anyone recommend a decent uninstall program. I have tried both CCleaner's uninstall function as well as the Windows Add/Remove programs but none of them work. I am trying to uninstall Motorola Phone Tools and i get the following message:- "Setup.exe has encountered a problem and need to close".
I do not have the installation disc to repair it , so can anyone advise on a third party program so i can get rid if it?

Thanks in advance.

Icky 14:57 22 Apr 2007

I use this click here
It works well for me.

missingit 14:57 22 Apr 2007

I might have said software,I no longer use it,will check when I get home. You are more than welcome to it.

SB23 14:58 22 Apr 2007

I sometimes use an uninstaller that I think was free on one of the PCA discs, (Your Uninstaller! 2004), but even then on a few occasions I still have to manually delete files that will not move.
Have you tried searching for the files and deleting them, its sometimes easier.

missingit 14:58 22 Apr 2007

I use that also,good bit of software,

cocteau48 14:59 22 Apr 2007

Afternoon Les T
I am not familiar with the prog but two things to check out may be:
Does it have its own uninstall facility,and
It may be worth trying a reinstall before the uninstall just in case the original has been corrupted in some way.
Hope this may help

MAJ 14:59 22 Apr 2007

Try uninstalling it in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode, reboot your computer and just as it starts to boot, tap the F8 key a few times. That will bring up the Advanced Startup Menu, from that menu choose the Safe Mode option (you'll have to use the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate), then press the Return Key.

SB23 15:06 22 Apr 2007

BTW, Unlocker (thanks VoG) from click here, can help in the manual removal of files.

Steve

Les T 16:49 22 Apr 2007

Thanks for all the replies folks, i have unlocker, but it says there is no unlocking handle to be found. I have also tried uninstalling in safe mode, all to no avail.

SB23 17:20 22 Apr 2007

When you startup unlocker and it says that, where it says no action, change it to delete, then click on ok, it will delete the file on reboot. I used it on Friday to delete a program, and it worked a treat.

Les T 19:01 22 Apr 2007

I will just go and try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?