Good program for scanning inbound/outbound email

FatboySlim71 09:26 22 Jun 2008

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good program for scanning inbound/outbound email.

I have Avira free anti virus, but I believe that this version does not provide email scanning?

So I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good program that would scan my inbound/outbound emails. I use Office Outlook 2007.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Technotiger 10:05 22 Jun 2008

I use AVG8 Free, does scan emails.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:25 22 Jun 2008

AVG8 all the way.

G

FatboySlim71 11:17 22 Jun 2008

Thanks for the help everyone.

I have used AVG 8, but found it to occasionally slow my system down a bit.

I have found with Avira that I don't get these occasional slow downs.

Technotiger 11:52 22 Jun 2008

I don't think it is just AVG that is slowing down your computer - if it was, then why does it not slow down mine also? I have never had any problems with any version of AVG which I have always used.

birdface 12:11 22 Jun 2008

AVG8 also slows my computer down ,but it is an old computer and could do with more memory.I just disabled the automatic scan.The Link Scanner.And the Resident Shield and it works ok with those switched off.

Technotiger 12:13 22 Jun 2008

Hi, yes my point exactly - a slow pc, not just AVG.

FatboySlim71 21:42 22 Jun 2008

Sorry I should have been more clear, regarding the occasional slowdowns, it wasn't the computer that was getting slowed down it was when I was using the search engine, but on reading a bit about AVG I have just learned that it will be the link scanner that was causing this, as this checks all the links in the search results. Sorry again and I should have explained myself more clearly : )

Technotiger 21:55 22 Jun 2008

You can turn the link scanner off in AVG8,

FatboySlim71 21:58 22 Jun 2008

Technotiger

Thanks for that, I may use AVG 8 again (and take your advice) if I don't like Avira for some reason or other.

FatboySlim71 19:55 23 Jun 2008

So can anyone recommend a good (standalone)program for scanning inbound/outbound email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?