Good printer for under £250

dac2000_uk 15:02 07 Aug 2003

I am wanting to buy a new printer, preferably under £150, with £250 being my absolute maximum. It must be fast and it also has to be good for printing photographs/graphics. Does anyone have some recommendations? Or does anyone have a printer for sale that might interest me?

Jester2K II 15:04 07 Aug 2003

Start Here click here

Can't go wrong with a Canon (IMHO)

Try to get a print sample through the post from click here if you can (they did two years ago before i bought my S630)

Djohn 15:33 07 Aug 2003

I have the HP 7350 and it's a terrific printer. But Canon do get very good reviews, and will probably be my next choice. They say the i950 is first class. Think FE bought one for himself the other day. So you could always ask him for an opinion. j.

JoeC 15:35 07 Aug 2003

Canon S330 Photo - superb quality photos and text.

pj123 15:39 07 Aug 2003

Don't just look at the printer check out the cost of ink cartridges as well. Epson 915 is an excellent printer for your requirements. Replacement Ink cartridges are about £4.12 each (if you get the double quad pack) from click here I have an Epson 895 which is the one before the 915 and have had no problems with it.

I. T. Mastermind 15:45 07 Aug 2003

There are some good EPSON photo printers for only £200

click here
or
click here

rawprawn 16:13 07 Aug 2003

I bought a Canon i850, after reading PCA, it has come out top of the top 10 personal printers for the last 2 months issues. I think its great value at £150.

bowman 16:35 07 Aug 2003

I'm with rawprawn on this one, I've ordered the Canon i850. They must be popular, I've been waiting a week for delivery. Good things are always worth waiting for.......(I hope)

Hope this helps.

Djohn 16:40 07 Aug 2003

If the range of Canon printers are half as good as my LiDE50 scanner, then you won't go far wrong. j.

dac2000_uk 16:43 07 Aug 2003

Thanks everyone. I must admit I like the look of the new hp printers, particular the hp 7550 so thanks for that Djohn. However you have also made me consider the canon and epson ones too, I'm gonna check out the websites and have a look at the specs...the i850 sounds good. Thanks for recommending the epson printers too...The printer I have at the moment is an epson and I do quite like it however I am wondering if they are as good as the recent hp and canon models as far as quality and speed go. Are the hp and canons better oprtions?
Thanks for all your help!

Djohn 18:37 07 Aug 2003

My previous printer was an Epson600 and produced excellent text and graphics, but was quite noisy in use. Ink was cheap to buy but needed to be, as it went through so much in it's cleaning cycles! It was a good quality printer when I bought it, £300.00.

The HP 7350 opened my eyes when I first used it, speed, quiet in operation and outstanding text and photo's. Ink last quite a long time too, but at £28.00 per cartridge, is expensive, but you get a new print-head with each one, the Epson don't offer this facility.

I know that some of the Canon models, [maybe all] have the best of both, you can replace just the ink cartridge at a reasonable cost, then when the print-head becomes worn, you can replace that as well. Good luck with whichever one you choose, the new printers give excellent quality. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Software for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?