Good PC?

DaleWeekes 15:13 01 Mar 2008

Hi there, im considering buying a customised pc from cougar extreme with these specs. The question is, is this a good pc for the price? I'm not really interested in playing the latest games on it, it would be nice to perhaps be able to play a game like half life 2 smoothly i guess, but I would like to do a lot of video editting as I'm gettin a camcorder soon and i'm guessing the high video resolution of these videos will be demanding for the computer. I will be using sony vegas for this. My present pc is a P4 1700MHz 512MB RAM and *!@:e radeon 9200se graphics card and this seems to struggle with low resolution videos at the moment. Is a good graphics card required for video editting? Should I get windows vista? sorry for all the questions! Thanks.

new pc specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.20 GHz 2Mb Cache
2Gb Corsair Memory DDR2 800 2x1Gb
300GB SATA Hard Drive
Standard 400Watt PSU.
C2D - ASROCK CONROE 1333fsb-DDR667x2 integrated motherboard
Samsung DVD +/- Re-writer
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premiem
256Mb Nvidia 8600GT graphics card DX10

all for £412

any advice on anything will be great thanks guys!

ACOLYTE 15:33 01 Mar 2008

The specs look good,personally i would go for a bigger psu but that's just me also if you plan to do video editing then i would think that you might need more video ram 256 seems low for this but i have never done any video editing so i am not sure,the one thing i don't like doing is saying if the pc is good or bad to me if the pc is capable of doing what you need it for then its a good pc.

DaleWeekes 15:38 01 Mar 2008

I have just noticed I am going for DDR2 800 ram, the motherboard says ddr667x2, does this mean its designed for 667 ram and i can't put ddr800 in?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone