Good NetObject Fusion beginnner to expert book ?

setecio 23:22 14 May 2007

Is there a good book for NetObjects Fusion that takes you from beginner to expert. Not a quick reference book, but one to work through slowly which covers most things and takes you from a beginner, teaching you good web design, through to expert or almost ?

Forum Editor 23:54 14 May 2007

but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I have never advocated the use of books for learning how to use software - I much prefer learning as I go. NOF tutorials abound on the web, however, and if you run a Google search you'll find them.

mco 00:09 15 May 2007

because a couple of years ago when I was starting out I did look for one. People learn in different ways so if you do prefer to do it step by step then I suggest you do as FE says and find online tutorials.

setecio 11:27 15 May 2007

OK, ta, I will probably do that and have the tutorials open on the laptop while I NOF on the desktop.

I made a site on NOF 8 about 6 months ago and found it nice to use, and have now acquired NOF9 on a cover disc. I remember reading that the only major downside to it was that it didn't fully support full CSS. Does NOF10 or is there a workaround or addon for NOF9, since using CSS seems a much more practical way to go from what I read ?

mco 19:20 15 May 2007

here's their blurb:
click here

Simsy 20:28 15 May 2007

a book.

I'm afraid I'm exactly the opposite of FE when it comes to learning... I just stumble around without the literature...

And by "literature" I mean hard copy. When I'm reading off a scrren I just find it so clumsy If I'm trying to learn software. If I'm trying to learn software I want the software on the screen and nothing else.

Maybe it's just me, but I've learnt very, very little about computers/ing without a book!

Regards,

Simsy

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:11 15 May 2007

200 (could be 400) page instruction manual that comes with NOF. It's in PDF format if you need to print it out.

UncleP 16:59 05 Jun 2007

Just downloaded it - it's actually 800+ pages, so I don't think I'll be printing it out! At first sight, it looks like a good reference manual for dipping into on specific topics. (This is NOF9, by the way.)

MicahK 17:48 08 Jul 2007

If you are looking for tutorials, I have a bunch of good ones along with a forum at click here.
good luck.
Micah

setecio 08:59 09 Jul 2007

Excellent Micah, thanks for that. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?