GOOD Customer Service PC Company - Anyone?

Halibut88 21:08 10 Feb 2006

I am looking to purchase a new base unit. 'Willing' .. to spend over £1000 but would pay for a company offering GOOD Customer Service, where they would actually take some time and care about their Customer.

It would be nice to see a list of Good Customer Service Companies. (Potential article there I would have thought!!!)

Does anyone have any recommendations please?
Thanks.

Big Elf 21:12 10 Feb 2006

Novatech click here

Jackcoms 21:13 10 Feb 2006

"GOOD Customer Service".

No, sorry, you've stumped me. Can't remember when I last had any of that anywhere.

Halibut88 21:40 10 Feb 2006

Looking about, Ive noticed two companies use exactly the same phrase in their 'Who we are' text on the websites.

cube247: A key point with our systems is that we put everything on show, we boast about the fact we use the best components not hide the brand names like many others.

Vantage Computers
'A key point with our systems is that we put everything on show, we boast about the fact we use the best components not hide the brand names like many others.'

Notice any similarities?

One is more genuine.. one is copied. I would not want to purchase from the one which 'cut and pasted' .. its own view of itself.

FatboySlim71 21:44 10 Feb 2006

I totally agree with Halibut88 about Cube247

I bought the Draconis ST2 from Cube247

I cannot recommend Cube247 enough, I bought a PC from them a few months ago and I am really impressed with it. Fair enough you don't get an onsite warranty but a lot of problems could be sorted out over the phone or perhaps if, you spoke to one of their technical people they would maybe be able to have an idea what the problem was, eg graphics card fault, or other component fault, then that way it would be a matter of sending that component back to them rather than the full tower.

Cube247 customer service is spot on, if you have a problem or query you can actually speak to one of their technical people, unlike Mesh where you ring a premium rate number, plus Mesh treat their customers like S*** I know this as I was once a customer, I would advise anyone against getting a Mesh PC their not the best by far.

Cube 247 PC's are not the cheapest, but they only use top quality brands just look on there website click here then click on about us, there it will tell you about their way of thinking when making PC's. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for, with Cube247 pc's using top quality components, you will get a lot less failure rate, than pc's that have cheap components in them.

I would advise anyone who is in the market for a new PC, to definately purchase from Cube247, their products are top quality, their customer service is spot, unlike Mesh's customer service where they will say we will take your number and ring you back, then you wait and wait and wait, and your call is never returned in my experience.

Harpur 21:45 10 Feb 2006

every manufacturer has their bad points. maybe i have been fortunate but any one i have dealt with have been ok. at the moment evesham seem to producing good standards of c/s. however there will be somebody out there will dispute that

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:56 10 Feb 2006

I have always had excellent customer service form PCW but there are others that have not and this is why writing an article about customer service would be pointless.

G

citadel 22:07 10 Feb 2006

I go to my local computer dealer and get a pc made to suit my needs, it comes with a windows disc and is not pre loaded with software I don't want. If there are any problems it is easy to take it back and there are always people to talk to who know their stuff.

VoG II 22:21 10 Feb 2006

for a change. I've recently bought a new desktop PC, completely state-of-the-art and faster than Michael Schumacher. It took a month to be delivered but arrived on the day I was told that it would. The set-up was completely painless and everything works (like lightning). I was kept informed on an almost daily basis by the supplier of the progress with my order.

Who was this supplier? Savastore, aka Watford Electronics. If you do a search of those companies in Consumerwatch you will find countless tales of woe with Savastore. So was I lucky or were they unlucky? I think the latter but as GANDALF <|:-)> says, this is all pretty pointless. You need to decide what you want, pick a supplier and keep everything crossed.

Mr Beeline 22:26 10 Feb 2006

I'll second VOG on that. To a certain extent, it's luck of the draw.

FatboySlim71 21:50 02 Mar 2006

If I would have been asked a few months ago, about a PC firm with good customer service, I would have said Cube, but I have since got rid of my Cube as it had to be the most unreliable unstable PC I had ever used, and it would let you down at the most inconvenient time.

Evesham PC's in my opinion blow Cube PC's away, and also I found Eveshams customer service was absolutly faultless (and believe me im hard to please) im not saying Cubes customer service was bad, it is just in my opinion I found Evesham a lot better firm to deal with and also Evesham in my opinion make a better PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?