Good Browser required Please.

Conny 13:29 08 Jun 2008

Can anyone recommend a good, safe, reliable browser please. I currently have IE 6 sp2 and firefox. Am happy with Firefox but family aren't. Have heard Opera is quite good can someone give me more info please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:43 08 Jun 2008

Its really down to personal choice, all you can do is try one and see if you like it.

click here

rdave13 13:47 08 Jun 2008

Opera info; click here

sunny staines 14:01 08 Jun 2008

if you download the free ie7pro it makes ie7 much improved, no ads, saves the pages if there is a crash and many other use bits including a spell checker.

Stuartli 14:08 08 Jun 2008

Firefox saves windows and tabs if you have a crash.

I'm surprised that your family don't seem to like Firefox, perhaps the easiest to use and most intuitive browser around.

Stuartli 14:11 08 Jun 2008

Firefox can also be used with a spell checker and IE Tab.

The spell checker can be Enabled from Tools>Options>Advanced tab>General tab>Check my spelling as I type.

cocteau48 14:17 08 Jun 2008

Have a look at the Avant browser;
click here
and
click here
Clean and simple and fast and with a very small footprint.
It would not replace Firefox as my No1 choice but this makes a very credible alternative.

Halmer 14:19 08 Jun 2008

Firefox is still the best by a long chalk.

Technotiger 14:25 08 Jun 2008

Easy ............ Firefox!

octal 15:14 08 Jun 2008

Advent browser is not a standalone browser it relies on IE being installed it won't work without it, although it is a very nice IE skin.

As Marg7 recommends Flock is very nice, it's based on the same engine as Firefox but with many more features, it's a new browser with a lot of potential.

woodchip 15:25 08 Jun 2008

I use Flock all the time Updates are auto loaded, after is asks you if you want them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?