GoLive, Net Objects Fusion or some other software?

jonmac 11:17 04 Nov 2007

I've been asked to produce a classic car hire website.
I see in a previous thread a recommendation to a beginner in Website design to use Net Objects Fusion.
I produced a personal site 6 years ago in MS Publisher 98, my only experience of web design so far, however as part of Adobe CS Suite which I use to produce a local magazine I have GoLive CS and a "Classroom in a Book (Revised)" on it.
The problem is I see comments on the net that the book is riddled with errors making life difficult for the learner. Also GoLive has apparently being replaced by Dreamweaver so my question is, would it be a waste of my time trying to get to grips with GoLive or should I go for the NOF recommendation or what? I don't want to have to get to grips with hand coding at my time of life to WYSIWYG would be the preferred option.

Marko797 11:24 04 Nov 2007

jonmac, I've posted there on this subject. Couldn't get to grips with NOF, so went for WYSIWYG Web Builder 4 which I found very simple to use. There's a 30 day trial available, and it worked for me. Might be worth u having a look? click here

jonmac 13:19 04 Nov 2007

Thnaks Marko797, I'll certainly have a look at that and maybe give it a try. Bearing in mind the price though I wonder if it'll be much of a step beyond Publisher? Anyone out there recommend I persevere with learning GoLive?

Marko797 15:26 04 Nov 2007

I'd rate it higher than Pub., which I tried also.

DieSse 15:32 04 Nov 2007

Unless you want a steep learning curve I suggest you use a simpler program.

I've used WbEasy Pro for many years - never had to learn web programming . it's just simple drag and drop - yet it can produce very respectable websites. I tried NOF following many recommendations here - but found if more complex to get to grips with and definately nor simple drag and drop.

Free trial click here

Sample websites click here click here (this one not complete, so forgive a few "not quite right yets")

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:18 04 Nov 2007

for a few years and have no problems. It's a brilliant design tool. Can't comment on the others as I've not tried them.

jonmac 22:59 04 Nov 2007

Thanks DieSse and barryoneof, that's helpful. I've downloaded both trials and will see how I get on with them. Thanks all once again.

pyrocrafter 09:06 07 Nov 2007

One more idea. Smartstore.biz. I have used this for several years now and find it really easy. I got it free ( I think with PC Advisor) I too tried Netobjects but found it way too irritating and complex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone