Going Wireless

Littleali 09:52 30 Aug 2007

Hey everyone, new here, hoping you can help!

Ok, so, I have Virgin Media Broadband, a Wired PC and am hoping to get a wireless laptop

My question is, how can i make my PC wireless? and what is the best router to get to connect my Pc and Laptop?

My broadband runs from my set top box, not a phone line, if thats any help.

Thanks in Advance

muscic lover 10:05 30 Aug 2007

Well I use a wireless set up and Virgin via a set top box. You will need a wireless card installed in your PC and a router that you connect to the set top box.

You need to be within about 50 metres of the router to get a signal. The closer you are the better the signal.

I use a linksys router and it allows a one touch button on it that connects, installs and secures your network - the helpline if you need it is charged at 'normal' rates and is in operation 24 hrs a day - spoke to a lovely Phillipino lady who helped me out one day.

The whole wireless experience is great now.

Do it.. you wont look back.

Littleali 14:21 30 Aug 2007

thanks for the swift reply!

what model is your linskys router?

is it any good if your set top box is downstairs and you wanna use your laptop/pc upstairs?

also, how much am i looking at for a decent wirelass card for the pc (also upstairs) and do the instructions tell u where to put it or had i best get researching now? lol

Littleali 14:26 30 Aug 2007

also, would a usb wireless dongle work? or is that for summat totally different?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone