Gogle problem

kimtrnc 08:52 13 Aug 2009

This morning, for no reason that I can discern, Google, my home page, started up with page 2 half way down the page. I cannot find any way of stopping this.
Can You?
TIA

Technotiger 08:54 13 Aug 2009

You could try changing your home page to something else, like MSN for instance, and then change it back to Google again - might work, you have nothing to lose by trying it.

birdface 09:05 13 Aug 2009

I do not use it as a home page but have noticed when browsing using Google that some pages come with large white gaps in them.This has only happened in the last 10 days or so.
Does not really bother me but since you have brought the subject up it would be nice to know what the problem may be.

kimtrnc 09:50 13 Aug 2009

Guys - that didn't work, I'm afraid. But I have disabled various "recommended add-ons". Could be a coincidence, of course, but so far, so good.
Thanks for your help.

Now if someone could just tell me why I now have to listen to BBC Radio with Real Player - a program which I detest intensely, instead of just ging to the web site, as I've done for years.

BIG SIGH - all right, I know that's a different thread......

Technotiger 10:04 13 Aug 2009

Try 'Real Player Alternative' - Google for it.

peter99co 10:38 13 Aug 2009

Check that your Cd/DVD Player works afterwards if you uninstall Realplayer Mine stopped working and need a tweak to get it working again. (Found the solution on this Forum)

kimtrnc 12:21 13 Aug 2009

Oh, Technotiger I bow down to you - is there ANYTHING you can't solve. I have my radio again, I have a "normal" Mozilla/Google startup...it's all almost too much for me- excuse while I sob in a very female way...
Thanks a lot
Kimig

Technotiger 13:10 13 Aug 2009

He He He .... Grreat, glad all is OK again.

Thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?