GoBack or similar help needed

judex 14:12 01 Feb 2006

I've used GoBack on my W98 pc and have been very pleased with it. I'm getting a new computer with XP and wanted to get a version of GoBack for it (mine is V2.2 - before XP) but it seems that Norton now only sell it as part of a package, which is more than I want.

Can anybody recomend anything similar ?

I know that XP has a restore facility but my understanding is that it does not automatically create many restore points, so is of limited use when a problem comes up unexpectedly.

TIA

Jude

VoG II 14:22 01 Feb 2006
  stalion 14:23 01 Feb 2006

acronis is a good product there is a trial version click here

PaulB2005 14:50 01 Feb 2006

I used Goback on my old Win 98SE PC and my first XP one but i ditched it in favour of Acronis True Image with my new PC.

Much better.

CLONNEN 15:45 01 Feb 2006

Having tried a few Restore software products I eventually bought a hardware recovery card which slots into a spare PCI slot inside the computer. Restores ALL changes to the hard drive, registry etc. (more than XP's built-in System Restore does).

Boots to the recovery card every time the computer is turned on. Options are Save, Recover or None.

Now I can Reset my computer after testing new software or hardware with just a Reboot and select the Recover option.

CLONNEN 15:49 01 Feb 2006

Hardware Recovery Card

click here

judex 22:50 01 Feb 2006

Thanks for all your help. Acronis looks good, and at least with a free trial version I'll know I'm getting something that works.

Jude

Enoch 12:06 08 Feb 2006

Are you sure that Go-Back on its own has been discontinued because I bought Go-Back last year from PCWorld.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?