Is Go Back causing my start-up problems?

Guy Fawkes 09:20 18 Jun 2003

Ever since I installed SystemWorks, icluding GoBack,I have problems at start-up 75% of the time.
I tends to lock up at the point when the cd-rw software "Packet Cd" is trying to open.
Any help!

Andsome 10:21 18 Jun 2003

I have had to uninstall 'Go Back' due to major problems. Other visitors to the forum get no problems with the program. I understand that if you use XP, there can be serious conflicts unless you inactivate 'System Restore', before installing 'Go Back'..

TBH1 10:47 18 Jun 2003

GoBack for me would be the very last program I would uninstall - - - this has saved me more times than I can remember. Do you have a CD in the writer when it freezes at the Packet CD thingy ??
When I used Adaptec I tended to leave a CDRW in the drive at all times - -but now since switching to Nero, I have had problems so only wop a CD in there when I'm gonna copy data there.
Maybe try disabling SystemWorks - - though must confess I don't know what this piece of software does -- I use Norton System Doctor and used to have fun and games with that but found am OK since I disabled the CrashGuard thingy in it.
This probably no use to you at all - - - I'll get me coat !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?