GMAIL Storage - 2109 MB and more

wilf3102 17:44 19 Apr 2005

Hey there,

It was only a short while ago that i heard that Gmail were thinking of doubling their 1GB limit to 2Gb, as well with rivals yahoo etc...

Ive just checked my inbox and its crazy !!!

Not only have they doubled the storage - but theyve put me on a wierd clock, wherby my storage limit is ever increasing.

The current rate is 0.00004 MB a second. (or 41.94304 bytes per second - thats faster than my old Modem !!!!!)

But to show how fast this generates serious capacity, im already on 2109 MB since they doubled my 1GB limit.

The email storage war is one place i dont mind getting in the middle of !!!

wilf

TomJerry 18:01 19 Apr 2005

as "remote HDD" for backup purpose, so "unlimited" Gmail space (I was told they are going to make accounts unlimited soon) maybe very usefule

wilf3102 18:05 19 Apr 2005

its gonna be awesome.

i heard the rumours about the 'Online harddrive' thingy aswell.

the main upgrade i want to see is the 10 MB attachment limit to a bigger limit.

Cos i can almost save all my documents as Drafts anyway.

I suppose having a larger attachment limit will almost constitute to the 'online harddrive facility' as we can all save drafts, and then pick them up elsewhere

TomJerry 18:21 19 Apr 2005

email to gmail automatically, they will be automatically stiched back when you want restore

wilf3102 18:32 19 Apr 2005

thats awesome.

though i cant think of anything that id like to store online.

i mean, i wouldnt store anything private that may get Gmail adverts all over it (LOL), like my documents, or anything too precious that may get deleted.

i suppose it will serve its purposes over the next few years....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone