Gmail to live Mail

emmandelo1 12:43 16 Jun 2010

Hi, currently using OE6 and can redirect my Gmail to OE no problem using pop3. however I am trying to get used to using Windows Live Mail. How do I get Live Mail to access my Gmail account using pop3? I can only seem to find instructions that say you have to use Imap. Am still on WinXp

T I M B O 12:45 16 Jun 2010
  T I M B O 12:46 16 Jun 2010
  emmandelo1 12:54 16 Jun 2010

Thanks T I M B O but that's exactly what i mean. that's using IMAP. i want to see it up using POP3.
When I installed Live Mail it automatically found my Gmail account and imorted all the settings and all the messages that were in the inbox but now it's not receiving any new mail.

T I M B O 12:58 16 Jun 2010

In gmail, go to settings

accounts & imports

add POP3 email account, click the learn more button, i hope that helps

Sea Urchin 13:08 16 Jun 2010

Settings in Windows Live Mail are just the same as in Outlook Express. Go to Tools - Accounts - Add - Email account and copy your settings from OE.

emmandelo1 13:26 16 Jun 2010

Okay, i got it sorted, not sure how but it's something to do with the tools/accounts/properties/advanced settings being slightly different in Live Mail than they are in OE. There is an extra field. something about 'login as ...' Anyway I don't quite know what I did but at least it's working now so I'll leave well alone. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache