glitched laptop screen- now unglitched?

matthewryan2k 22:02 31 Jan 2009

hello.

Just this morning my HP Pavillion dv9655ea notebook started acting strangely. When i logged in to Vista the screen was flickering strange colours and nothing was visible (i.e. the desktop). Force quited and started the laptop up again only to be faced with vertical lines all over the screen (from the point i turned it on). Other then the graphics i could hear that it was operating as normal (heard the chime that indicated it was time to put my password in).

This lasted for most of the day until randomly i could get access to safe mode without any glitches only a few hours ago. Glitched abit during safemode, then returned to normal. Restarted the laptop again and everything is working the way it should, which is my main problem.

I was going to take it back to staples with my extended warranty and get them to fix it, but now it's working fine. I had to travel from university to my homewtown as that has the nearest store (2hours away by train), and i need this for my uni work.

Ive read that this could be due to either motherboard, videocard or ram problems, but i need to get it taken back tomorrow if i have to so i can get it fixed asap. This is my biggest problem: leave it as it is (as long as it continues to function properly) and risk it happening again, or take it to staples (and have to travel back in a few weeks to pick it up repaired).

Hope these walls of texts were'nt too much to read, and tahnks in advancement for any suggestions

matthewryan2k 09:47 05 Feb 2009

hi again. just to say the glitching has happened again. Was playing a game and the display just went. i managed to see a message just before it crashed saying there is a problem with the visual device (or something similar)- which i take to mean the graphics card has died on me.

Have extended warranty with Staples, so i wondered if anyone has any experience with using this with Staples

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?