give windows more screen space.

Jwbjnwolf 20:18 24 Jan 2011
Answered

I would like to make the size of objects on the windows smaller so that have more space to work on.

I mean the taskbar, startmenu, and window borders.
These i want to make smaller so i have more space.
The screen size is 19" widescreen which is a resolution size of "1600x900". It is very uneasy to have multiple windows up at once because the taskbar is still too big (although have changed to small sized taskbar),the window borders take alot of space.

click here
this is what it looks like at the moment.

Sorry if i have not made myself clear.
Mostly, i just want everything more compact so i have more space on the screen.
The setting is to the smallest which is hundred percent.

Peter 20:30 24 Jan 2011

You could auto-hide the taskbar.

Peter.

GaT7 20:45 24 Jan 2011

The only real way to increase desktop real estate is by getting a larger resolution monitor.

But I'm on a 24" 1920*1200 monitor & sometimes wished I had more screen space! G

Jwbjnwolf 18:33 25 Jan 2011

I have seen monitors that are about 15" and they have well more screen space than ours. For example, today in dentist, the monitor there, i noticed that how tiny the task bar and window borders were, you would have to look very, very close to see the task bar and window borders.

click here
This is how it looks on my laptop.
(xp by the way, not vista or win7 for those that wondering, in fact i much prefer it newer os's)

Jwbjnwolf 18:34 25 Jan 2011

Sorry mean, much prefer it than newer os's.

GaT7 18:42 25 Jan 2011

'I have seen monitors that are about 15" and they have well more screen space than ours.'

What resolution were they, do you know? G

Jwbjnwolf 19:18 25 Jan 2011

Smaller than mine, thats all i know

GaT7 19:27 25 Jan 2011

If the resolution is smaller than yours, then your dentist would have only been able to fit fewer windows than yours.

I think you may be getting confused with these parameters.

Higher the resolution = more items can be fitted on the screen = smaller everything will appear

BUT, latter can be rectified to some extent by using the scaling options available. G

Jwbjnwolf 19:40 25 Jan 2011

The size of that screen is alot smaller than my laptop one but the resolution is big meaning that it can fit alot of stuff on the screen easily

Jwbjnwolf 16:26 08 Feb 2011
Answer

I will live with it then
not a big deal as will be sometime connecting up to what ever tv we end up buying

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?