gigabyte motherboard

chippy+ 16:28 07 Oct 2010

how do i change my bios settings back to default and what setting should my hard drive be master/ slave/cable select my motherboard is GA 7N400 PRO
with an athlon barton processor the error at bootup is disc read error when i get to the bios it just has a raid setup thanks Chippy

gengiscant 16:43 07 Oct 2010

You should not need to do anything in the bios unless you have already changed setting which are now causing problems.
But there will be a reset tab or load setup defaults which will reset any changes made.
Your hard drive if you are only using the 1 should be the master.

johndrew 16:44 07 Oct 2010

Resetting BIOS to default click here

Or you can get the same result by powering down and removing the CMOS battery for aminute or two and the refit it.

I would advise making a note of all the BIOS settings prior to deleting them by either of the above.

As for your HDD it depends whether you are using a PATA or SATA drive. PATA (IDE) click here SATA click here. Also whether you using SATA in RAID click here - if you only have one drive this is not a practical option.

From you description it sounds as if BIOS is set for RAID operation.

Devil Fish 20:35 07 Oct 2010

cant remember exactly where it is but you should have a fail safe setting which will essentialy revert your bios back to bog standard settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?