Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI Motherboard & Drivers ?

Giggle n' Bits 22:32 28 May 2009

I am doing a full clean install on my main machine based arround WinXP Pro on a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI motherboard which houses a nvidia NForce 4 chipset. I built the machine myself 3 years ago and remember having driver issues then but dont remember how I sorted it.

I have the motherboard driver CD, then their is the drivers at the gigabyte website and I know nVidia also have Nforce 4 drivers.

I also know, that when your install the drivers your offered the option to have or opt out of the SW drivers. nVidia claim the Microsoft drivers are inferior to theirs as their are more productive but I dont know which.

Can someone point me towards the best drivers please. I do not use onboard audio I have a dedicated Creative Live card which I am ok with them drivers.

Giggle n' Bits 23:43 28 May 2009

On the Gigabyte website their is a Chipset with Lan driver which I have downloaded but do I need the ATA IDE driver as well which is on this page
click here

Its not the F6 under windows driver as that is seperate. but this ATA IDE seems nearly as big as the chipset driver ?

Giggle n' Bits 00:04 29 May 2009

will see how I go on. I used the motherboard Cd as the gigabyte website didn't seem to have newer drivers earlier than the CD ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017