Gigabyte GA-8SIML upgrade

whatsupdoc 13:47 13 Dec 2004

i have the gigabyte motherboard and it has the sound and video onboard, however the sound doesnt work and in device manager it says device cannot start- code 10-. is it easier to put a cheap soundcard into a spare pci slot and while im at it, put in a basic 64mb agp card as the onboard card is so slow and at the moment all the newewr games wont load and come up with sound and video error messages or the screen goes black and locks up

tia ann

whatsupdoc 15:08 13 Dec 2004

^

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:22 13 Dec 2004

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

have you enabled onboard sound in BIOS?

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.
Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Update the device driver. It may be possible to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:27 13 Dec 2004

click here

scroll to bottom of page for manual and drivers.

whatsupdoc 16:38 13 Dec 2004

tried update drivers and still not working still code 10

went into bios and cannot see option to turn on onboard sound...

seeing as basic soundcards are less than a tenner maybe i can install new one except if i cant disable on board sound i may have compatability problems...

whatsupdoc 16:54 13 Dec 2004

found the onboard sound option and its enabled..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires