Gigabyte 9-1 Flash Card Reader drives disappeared

Klodshans 11:59 30 Jan 2006

Viewing the system drives in My Computer these drives (4 in total) no longer show. The slots do not work either, no LED's light up when cards are inserted. The drives seem to have lost connection to their drivers and I've no idea how to locate and re-install them. Any ideas gratefully received!

chub_tor 14:44 30 Jan 2006

Is this an internal or external card reader?

Biotech 15:39 30 Jan 2006

Sounds like there is no power supply to the reader(s)

Biotech 15:51 30 Jan 2006

If it is an external USB and you are on WinXP you will not require any drivers, power is supplied via the USB cable so it may be a cable fault or the USB socket. Can you try another socket if you have one spare

Klodshans 19:11 30 Jan 2006

Thanks for your input. The Drive is a combination unit (sits where a floppy drive would have been), internal, contains 4 card readers, 2 USB's and a firefire port. The USB's are fully functional, the firewire as far as I know also functional.

Lettervanman 19:43 30 Jan 2006

At the bottom of the thread,and try the switch off and power button press. It may work!
click here

chub_tor 18:54 31 Jan 2006

You say that no LEDs light up when cards are inserted. Does your unit also have a power light that stays on all the time that the PC is powered up?

Klodshans 20:21 31 Jan 2006

Thanks everyone for your input. We disconnected all cables from the machine after powering down. Then held the power on button for one minuted. Reconnected everything and started up again - voila! It worked. Card drives all checked and all in order! Thanks again.

Klodshans 20:22 31 Jan 2006

Thanks everyone for your input. We disconnected all cables from the machine after powering down. Then held the power on button for one minuted. Reconnected everything and started up again - voila! It worked. Card drives all checked and all in order! Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?