giga air

big bella 22:03 02 Oct 2003

does anyone use those giga air 20 20 a/v senders to transmit from their pc to their tv. I'm not very good at knowing what goes where with the darn things. the cable that came with them is a scart to the three, red white and yellow wires, which go into the transmitter. however I don't have a scart in the back of my pc. I bought a set of three to three (R,W and Y) but I can only find av/out and there's no where for the red and white audio wires to go.

your knowledge is once again sought my friends. any help would be most appreciated.
mikey b

hugh-265156 00:33 03 Oct 2003

red an white are your audio left and right channels and the yellow is the composite video.

you should have an svideo out(4 or seven pin socket)on your graphics card which you can buy a composite adapter for from the likes of maplins.connect the yellow plug to this and the adapter to the graphics card.

red and white will go to your sound card and if you have a budget one or use onboard sound then it will maybe only have a 3mm jack output(small headphone type plug)so then you will need to purchase or maybe have a custom lead made that consists of a 3mmjack and three phonos on one end(from the pc)to three phonos at the other and a scart adapter(the type that comes with a playstation or xbox) that takes the three plugs and converts so it fits in the scart(to the giga air)

hope that kinda makes sense.

hugh-265156 00:34 03 Oct 2003

ps i have never used this device and am just going by what you have said the connections are.

big bella 13:51 03 Oct 2003

thanks huggyg71 I'll see what maplins has.

I like brainy people me.
keep helping us plebs.

hi de hi

mikey b

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache