Gifs have stopped moving !!!!!!!

yorkieval 19:38 18 Feb 2003

Hello Everyone,
I always place a little moving gif in all my e-mails, now all of a sudden they have stopped moving, they are appearing ok but they are not moving, can anyone tell me how to remedy this or why it has happenned. I am using windows XP home.

MAJ 19:59 18 Feb 2003

They wont move until you send them. Have you tried sending one to yourself? Or make sure they are not set to loop only for a certain amount of repetitions.

yorkieval 20:07 18 Feb 2003

Hi, I have just sent them to myself and they work thank you. However when I try and copy new ones by left clicking and "save picture as" (I have always done this). Sometimes the gif dosent move as it does on the site where I got it from, these are free gifs so I am not pinching them. Again what am I doing wrong, sometimes this happens when I copy one from an e-mail that someone has sent me. I have tried sending them all to myself but they just done move as they do when I receive them.....Thanks Val

MAJ 20:17 18 Feb 2003

Try clearing your Temporary Internet Files folder, Val. To do that go to, in IE, Tools > Internet Options > General tab and in the Temporary Internet Files section, click the "Delete Files" button. Hopefully that'll cure it for you.

yorkieval 20:21 18 Feb 2003

OK MAJ, I will try that and come back to you tomorrow if it doesnt work, thank-you for all your trouble.....Val

MAJ 20:29 18 Feb 2003

No trouble, Val, hope it sorts it for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)