GIF logo transfer to website

kumo22 13:08 13 Jul 2006

For some time I have been designing my letter heads logos in corel draw and then using the created logo in word etc. All I have done is save the image as a GIF and then insert. This works well and the image is crisp.

I have decided to design a website (I am using Serif Webplus 7). I started with my GIF logo which looks awful NO CLARITY, and then viewed this through Internet Explorer. Again nthe logo had no clarity.

Any ideas please. Should I use a differnt file format? change the resolution? change theweb design program.

I don't really know what i am doing, even with the corel draw, as i have only ever taught myself what i need to do.

kumo22 16:56 13 Jul 2006

Thank you.

I'll have a look see. I might need to come back for advice as to how I do this, but I now know what I'm doing this evening.

kumo22 21:05 13 Jul 2006

I have viewed the properties of the stored gif logo. The height is 267 pix and the width 528. I could not see how to review the width/height in the webplus page.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PPLEASE

ade.h 21:17 13 Jul 2006

I know it's a fairly modest app, but it should have picture properties that are - or can be - displayed when the picture is selected.

kumo22 21:28 16 Jul 2006

The problem is I don't know. I have the sum total of 1 day's experience of web design which is with serif webplus.

What I have noticed is that if I save the drawing as a png then I have the option to retain the size of the original. I also have the option of 96 dpi which I believe is the appropriate screen resolution.

Is this correct? and how about png?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017