giant cursor/arrow in windows-7 64 bit

jim2001 14:37 30 Jan 2010

hi,

looking for help on a problem that has recently surfaced on a new installation of a 64 bit windows 7 ultimate.a shirt while after starting windows my cursor or arrow pointer jumps to about four times it's normal set size. i have tried going in to the settings for the pointer size,but to no avail.pc is a new home build based on a gigabyte ga_p55_ud6 mother board with an Intel core i7 860@2.80gh, supported by 8gb of crucial ram and a radion sapphire hd 5700 series graphics card[driver 8.681.0.0]
this problem does not appear when i revert to a backup hard drive running 32 bit vista. any suggestions gratefully received.

jim

User-1229748 14:53 30 Jan 2010

not a lot of help but this may give you an alternative if you don't mind cursor trails click here

jim2001 20:13 14 Feb 2010

hi

re my giant cursor/arrow problem.

help from microsoft had me re install latest graphics card drivers from ati with no resolution to tis problem.

next was to download and install a 'hot fix' from the ati web site,again with no resolution.

the final step was to update the drivers for my gigabyte ga-p55-ud6 motherboard.

this done pointer/cursor returned to norma and has stayed this way

jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?