Ghost printer problem

Kernel 10:02 24 Jun 2010

I recently installed a new HDD on my ageing computer (Gigabyte 7DXE), now whenever I switch on I get a window telling me it has found a new Canon printer, this printer was on a previous HDD but has never been installed on the new one. It goes thorugh the process of trying to install and then tells me that it has failed.

I still have the printer CD and have installed the printer and the uninstalled it, i have removed it from regedit, I have removed it and disabled it in Device Manager but it still appears when i switch on, any suggestions??

northumbria61 10:59 24 Jun 2010

Try this -

To completely remove a Printer and Print driver, perform the following tasks:

1. Remove the printer from Print Manager
2. Delete the printer Drivers located in %windir%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2 and/or \0 and/or \1
3. Edit the registry and delete the driver references at:

Hkey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\WIndows NT x86\Drivers\Version-1 for NT 3.51

Hkey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\WIndows NT x86\Drivers\Version-2 for NT 4.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\

For a Network printer, edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\<Server Name>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers\LanMan Print Services\Servers\<Server Name>\Printers\

4. Restart the computer

ronalddonald 11:47 24 Jun 2010

When theres somehting strange in your neigbourhood who you gonnaa call GHOSTBUSTERS!,

BT 17:45 24 Jun 2010

From your many weird posts today I think we may have to call them for you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017