Ghost printer problem

Kernel 10:02 24 Jun 2010

I recently installed a new HDD on my ageing computer (Gigabyte 7DXE), now whenever I switch on I get a window telling me it has found a new Canon printer, this printer was on a previous HDD but has never been installed on the new one. It goes thorugh the process of trying to install and then tells me that it has failed.

I still have the printer CD and have installed the printer and the uninstalled it, i have removed it from regedit, I have removed it and disabled it in Device Manager but it still appears when i switch on, any suggestions??

northumbria61 10:59 24 Jun 2010

Try this -

To completely remove a Printer and Print driver, perform the following tasks:

1. Remove the printer from Print Manager
2. Delete the printer Drivers located in %windir%\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\2 and/or \0 and/or \1
3. Edit the registry and delete the driver references at:

Hkey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\WIndows NT x86\Drivers\Version-1 for NT 3.51

Hkey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\WIndows NT x86\Drivers\Version-2 for NT 4.0

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\

For a Network printer, edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Connections\<Server Name>

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Providers\LanMan Print Services\Servers\<Server Name>\Printers\

4. Restart the computer

ronalddonald 11:47 24 Jun 2010

When theres somehting strange in your neigbourhood who you gonnaa call GHOSTBUSTERS!,

BT 17:45 24 Jun 2010

From your many weird posts today I think we may have to call them for you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017