ghost of outlook express?

mgblugs 20:26 23 Nov 2006

When my father first got his notebook he was on dial-up so I got him a Yahoo mail a/c and used outlook express. He's now on broadband so I deleted the Yahoo a/c from his O/E.
I thought that would be the end of the matter but when he accesses his mailbox from the Yahoo site most of the new messages display as "read" This is most annoying as he also runs Yahoo messenger which would notify him of "unread" mail.

Have I done something wrong

Jackcoms 20:32 23 Nov 2006

If he simply switched from dial-up to BB what was your rationale for deleting the Yahoo account from OE?

What's to prevent him from continuing to access his Yahoo mail through OE?

Or have i missed the point?

mgblugs 20:35 23 Nov 2006

To tell you the truth I didn't like OE because by Old Man is a bit of a techno terror and for me OE dumps too much into the spam folder. So the outcome was that the Old Fella was missing mail.

Jackcoms 20:37 23 Nov 2006

"OE dumps too much into the spam folder"

OE doesn't have a spam folder.

It will only 'dump' mail if you have set it up to do so, otherwise it goes straight to the Inbox

mgblugs 20:41 23 Nov 2006

I never set it up to do anything except handle his e-mail a/c. I'm at work just now but I will look tomorrow. To be continued..

Jackcoms 20:48 23 Nov 2006

In OE go to Tools; Message Rules.

That's the only place you can tell OE to 'dump' mail - and someone's got to set up those rules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?